TRANSBAY JOINT POWERS AUTHORITY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Thursday, September 14, 2023
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 416
San Francisco, CA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Jeff Gee, Chair
Rafael Mandelman, Vice Chair
Dina El-Tawansy (ex-officio)
Adam Van de Water
425 Mission Street, Suite 250
San Francisco, California 94105
This meeting will be held in person at the location listed above. Members of the public may attend the meeting to observe and provide public comment at the physical location listed above. Additionally, as a courtesy, members of the public may watch on SF Cable Channel 78, 28 or 99 (depending on your provider) or may visit the SFGovTV website (www.sfgovtv.org) to stream the live meeting or may watch them on demand.
Members of the public attending the meeting in person may comment on the meeting during public comment periods. TJPA also plans to provide a call-in line for remote public comment at the meeting. The call-in line is provided as a courtesy and its availability may be disrupted due to technical difficulties or otherwise. In-person public comment will be taken first; remote public comment will be taken after.
PUBLIC COMMENT CALL-IN: 1-855-282-6330 -- Access Code: 2552 611 2982##
When the item is called, dial *3 to be added to the speaker line. When prompted, callers will have two minutes to provide comment unless otherwise noted by the Chair. Please speak clearly, ensure you are in a quiet location, and turn off any TVs or computers around you.
ACCESSIBLE MEETING POLICY
The Transbay Joint Powers Authority Board of Directors meeting will be held in-person at City Hall, Room 416, at 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco, CA.
To obtain a disability-related accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, or to obtain meeting materials in an alternative format, please contact the Board Secretary at 415.597.4620 or firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Written reports or background materials for calendar items are available online at www.tjpa.org and may be inspected and copied at the TJPA’s offices at the address noted above. These materials may be available in alternative formats; please contact the Board Secretary at 415.597.4620 or email@example.com at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting. Late requests will be honored if possible.
If you need to use the services of a language interpreter, contact TJPA by calling 415.597.4620 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We require an advance notice of three business days to accommodate your request.
Si necesita usar los servicios de un intérprete de idioma, comuníquese con TJPA llamando al 415.597.4620 o en email@example.com. Solicitamos un aviso previo de tres días hábiles para atender su solicitud.
To assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City to accommodate these individuals.
The ringing and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
9:30 – REGULAR MEETING
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
4. Board of Director’s New and Old Business
5. Executive Director’s Report
• Facility Operations Update
6. Citizens Advisory Committee Update
7. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Authority on matters that are within the Authority's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE TRANSBAY JOINT POWERS AUTHORITY ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OR THE CHAIR.
8. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the Transbay Joint Powers Authority, and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(8.1) Approving the Minutes of the August 10, 2023 meeting.
(8.2) Authorizing the Executive Director to execute an amendment to the Master Services Agreement with Everbridge, Inc. for Mass Notification System software services for additional compensation of up to $451,500 over three years.
(8.3) Authorizing the Executive Director to execute a third amendment to the lease agreement with Venga, Inc. (dba Venga Empanadas) for commercial/retail space in suite 123 on the first floor of the transit center.
(8.4) Authorizing the Executive Director to execute second amendments to the lease agreements with Dim Baos, Inc., a California corporation, for two commercial/retail spaces (Suite 125 and 129) (“Dim Baos restaurant”) and (Suite 119) (“Juice Bar”) on the first floor of the transit center.
9. Approving the recommended applicant to serve as a member of the TJPA Citizens Advisory Committee to fill the vacant Bicycle Advocate seat.
10. Adopting a resolution appointing Araceli Harris, Finance Manager II, as an extra help Retired Annuitant to assist with imminent special project work (finance training, oversight, and transition) during a critical time as the TJPA fills several vacant finance positions.
11. Authorizing the Executive Director to execute Amendment No. 5 to the Professional Services Agreement with the law firm Seyfarth Shaw, LLP to provide legal services related to Phase 1 construction close-out, increasing the total amount of the contract by $4,100,000 for a not-to-exceed amount of $20,000,000, and amending the FY23-24 Capital Budget for Phase 1 to reallocate $2,500,000 to accommodate the contemplated legal services, but with no change to the total amount of the fiscal year budget or the overall Phase 1 Program Budget.
12. Authorizing the Executive Director to execute a Master Agreement and Program Supplements with the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and adopt the associated resolution to enable the programming and allocation of up to $60,000,000 in state Transit and Intercity Rail Capital Program (TIRCP) funds.
13. San Francisco Peninsula Rail Program Executive Steering Committee Update and status of the Downtown Rail Extension/The Portal Workplan schedule.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [Campaign and Gov't Conduct Code, Article II, Chapter 1, § 2.100, et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102, telephone (415) 252-3100, fax (415) 252-3112 and web site: www.sfethics.org.