TRANSBAY JOINT POWERS AUTHORITY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Thursday, May 11, 2023
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 416
San Francisco, CA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Jeff Gee, Chair
Rafael Mandelman, Vice Chair
Dina El-Tawansy (ex-officio)
Adam Van de Water
425 Mission Street, Suite 250
San Francisco, California 94105
This meeting will be held in person at the location listed above. Members of the public may attend the meeting to observe and provide public comment at the physical location listed above or may watch on SF Cable Channel 78, 28 or 99 (depending on your provider) or may visit the SFGovTV website (www.sfgovtv.org) to stream the live meeting or may watch them on demand.
Members of the public may comment on the meeting during public comment periods in person or remotely. In-person public comment will be taken first; remote public comment will be taken after.
PUBLIC COMMENT CALL-IN: 1-855-282-6330
Access Code: 2558 020 9640# -- Password: 8572#
When the item is called, dial *3 to be added to the speaker line. When prompted, callers will have two minutes to provide comment unless otherwise noted by the Chair. Please speak clearly, ensure you are in a quiet location, and turn off any TVs or computers around you.
ACCESSIBLE MEETING POLICY
The Transbay Joint Powers Authority Board of Directors meeting will be held in-person at City Hall, Room 416, at 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco, CA.
To obtain a disability-related accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, or to obtain meeting materials in an alternative format, please contact the Board Secretary at 415.597.4620 or email@example.com, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Written reports or background materials for calendar items are available online at www.tjpa.org and may be inspected and copied at the TJPA’s offices at the address noted above. These materials may be available in alternative formats; please contact the Board Secretary at 415.597.4620 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting. Late requests will be honored if possible.
If you need to use the services of a language interpreter, contact TJPA by calling 415.597.4620 or at email@example.com. We require an advance notice of three business days to accommodate your request.
Si necesita usar los servicios de un intérprete de idioma, comuníquese con TJPA llamando al 415.597.4620 o en firstname.lastname@example.org. Solicitamos un aviso previo de tres días hábiles para atender su solicitud.
To assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City to accommodate these individuals.
The ringing and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
9:30 – REGULAR MEETING
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
4. Board of Director’s New and Old Business
6. Citizens Advisory Committee Update
7. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Authority on matters that are within the Authority's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE TRANSBAY JOINT POWERS AUTHORITY ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OR THE CHAIR.
8. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the Transbay Joint Powers Authority, and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(8.1) Approving the Minutes of the March 9, 2023 meeting.
(8.2) Approving the Special Minutes of the April 14, 2023 meeting.
(8.3) Authorizing the Executive Director to execute an agreement for IT Support Services for the TJPA Offices with Coeus Consulting for five years and compensation of up to $252,000 with an option to extend the agreement for up to two two-year terms.
(8.4) Authorizing the Executive Director to execute an amendment to the agreement for Independent Auditing Services with Maze and Associates to extend the agreement for one-year for additional compensation of up to $72,674.
9. Presentation of and Public Hearing for draft budgets for Fiscal Year 2023-2024 (FY 23-24) Operating Budget in the amount of $27,629,744 and FY 23-24 Capital Budget for Phase 1, Phase 2, Tenant Improvements, and Capital Maintenance, Repair and Replacement in an amount of $160,593,434 and FY 23-24 Debt Service Budget in the amount of $17,966,672.
10. Authorizing the Executive Director to execute an agreement for IT Support Services for the Transit Center with NetXperts for five years and compensation of up to $2,784,718.15 with an option to extend the agreement for up to two two-year terms.
11. Authorizing the Executive Director to execute an Interagency Cooperation Agreement with the City and County of San Francisco relating to Phase 2 of the Transbay Program, now known as The Portal.
12. Ratification of Board Chair establishment of advisory ad hoc committee (Directors John-Baptiste, Lipkin, and Shaw) to assist the TJPA staff in negotiation and development of a master cooperative agreement with the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain).
13. San Francisco Peninsula Rail Program Executive Steering Committee Update and status of the Downtown Rail Extension, now known as The Portal, Workplan schedule.
14. Consider authorizing the Board Chair to execute the first amendment to the San Francisco Peninsula Rail Program Memorandum of Understanding to extend the term of the agreement to December 31, 2023.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
15. Call to Order
16. Roll Call
17. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL—ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Initiation of litigation pursuant to paragraph (4) of subdivision (d) of Section 54956.9: 1 potential case
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE REGULAR MEETING
18. Announcement of Closed Session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [Campaign and Gov't Conduct Code, Article II, Chapter 1, § 2.100, et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102, telephone (415) 252-3100, fax (415) 252-3112 and web site: www.sfethics.org.