Board Meeting - February 9, 2023
TRANSBAY JOINT POWERS AUTHORITY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Thursday, February 9, 2023
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 416
San Francisco, CA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Jeff Gee, Chair
Rafael Mandelman, Vice Chair
Dina El-Tawansy (ex-officio)
Adam Van de Water
425 Mission Street, Suite 250
San Francisco, California 94105
This meeting will be held in person at the location listed above. Members of the public may attend the meeting to observe and provide public comment at the physical location listed above or may watch on SF Cable Channel 78, 28 or 99 (depending on your provider) or may visit the SFGovTV website (www.sfgovtv.org) to stream the live meeting or may watch them on demand.
Members of the public may comment on the meeting during public comment periods in person or remotely. In-person public comment will be taken first; remote public comment will be taken after.
PUBLIC COMMENT CALL-IN: 1-855-282-6330 -- Access Code: 2554 733 4903
When the item is called, dial *3 to be added to the speaker line. When prompted, callers will have two minutes to provide comment unless otherwise noted by the Chair. Please speak clearly, ensure you are in a quiet location, and turn off any TVs or computers around you.
ACCESSIBLE MEETING POLICY
The Transbay Joint Powers Authority Board of Directors meeting will be held in-person at City Hall, Room 416, at 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco, CA.
To obtain a disability-related accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, or to obtain meeting materials in an alternative format, please contact the Board Secretary at 415.597.4620 or email@example.com, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Written reports or background materials for calendar items are available online at www.tjpa.org and may be inspected and copied at the TJPA’s offices at the address noted above. These materials may be available in alternative formats; please contact the Board Secretary at 415.597.4620 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting. Late requests will be honored if possible.
If you need to use the services of a language interpreter, contact TJPA by calling 415.597.4620 or at email@example.com. We require an advance notice of three business days to accommodate your request.
Si necesita usar los servicios de un intérprete de idioma, comuníquese con TJPA llamando al 415.597.4620 o en firstname.lastname@example.org. Solicitamos un aviso previo de tres días hábiles para atender su solicitud.
To assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City to accommodate these individuals.
The ringing and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
9:30 – REGULAR MEETING
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
4. Board of Director’s New and Old Business
7. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Authority on matters that are within the Authority's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE TRANSBAY JOINT POWERS AUTHORITY ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OR THE CHAIR.
8. Presentation of the 20-Year Financial Plan including the Downtown Rail Extension Project Cost Estimate and Funding Plan Update.
9. Authorizing the Executive Director to submit a letter and supporting information to the Federal Transit Administration for the purpose of requesting entry of Phase 2 of the Transbay Program, more commonly referred to as the Downtown Rail Extension, into the Engineering Phase of the Capital Investment Grants – New Starts process.
10. San Francisco Peninsula Rail Program Executive Steering Committee Update and status of the Downtown Rail Extension Workplan schedule.
11. Authorizing the Executive Director to execute Amendment No. 02 to Agreement No. 20-06-GEC-000, General Engineering Consultant services for the Downtown Rail Extension project with Parsons Transportation Group (Parsons), authorizing additional scope and increasing the contract amount by $20,000,000 for a total not-to-exceed contract amount of $47,500,000, consistent with the original procurement strategy, to allow Parsons to perform needed continuing engineering services under the accelerated schedule.
12. Authorizing the Executive Director to execute a Memorandum of Agreement with the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain), for reimbursement from TJPA to Caltrain for Caltrain consultant efforts to advance Downtown Rail Extension Enabling Works Planning in an amount not to exceed $595,000 and a term expiring no later than March 31, 2024.
13. Approving the TJPA’s Title VI program for the triennial period of April 1, 2023 to March 31, 2026 for the Transbay Transit Center Program.
14. Approving the Minutes of the January 12, 2023 meeting.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [Campaign and Gov't Conduct Code, Article II, Chapter 1, § 2.100, et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102, telephone (415) 252-3100, fax (415) 252-3112 and web site: www.sfethics.org.