TRANSBAY JOINT POWERS AUTHORITY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Thursday, August 10, 2023
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 416
San Francisco, CA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Jeff Gee, Chair
Rafael Mandelman, Vice Chair
Dina El-Tawansy (ex-officio)
Adam Van de Water
425 Mission Street, Suite 250
San Francisco, California 94105
This meeting will be held in person at the location listed above. Members of the public may attend the meeting to observe and provide public comment at the physical location listed above. Additionally, as a courtesy, members of the public may watch on SF Cable Channel 78, 28 or 99 (depending on your provider) or may visit the SFGovTV website (www.sfgovtv.org) to stream the live meeting or may watch them on demand.
Members of the public attending the meeting in person may comment on the meeting during public comment periods. TJPA also plans to provide a call-in line for remote public comment at the meeting. The call-in line is provided as a courtesy and its availability may be disrupted due to technical difficulties or otherwise. In-person public comment will be taken first; remote public comment will be taken after.
PUBLIC COMMENT CALL-IN: 1-855-282-6330 -- Access Code: 2550 970 9532 # #
When the item is called, dial *3 to be added to the speaker line. When prompted, callers will have two minutes to provide comment unless otherwise noted by the Chair. Please speak clearly, ensure you are in a quiet location, and turn off any TVs or computers around you.
ACCESSIBLE MEETING POLICY
The Transbay Joint Powers Authority Board of Directors meeting will be held in-person at City Hall, Room 416, at 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco, CA.
To obtain a disability-related accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, or to obtain meeting materials in an alternative format, please contact the Board Secretary at 415.597.4620 or email@example.com, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting. Written reports or background materials for calendar items are available online at www.tjpa.org and may be inspected and copied at the TJPA’s offices at the address noted above. These materials may be available in alternative formats; please contact the Board Secretary at 415.597.4620 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting. Late requests will be honored if possible.
If you need to use the services of a language interpreter, contact TJPA by calling 415.597.4620 or at email@example.com. We require an advance notice of three business days to accommodate your request.
Si necesita usar los servicios de un intérprete de idioma, comuníquese con TJPA llamando al 415.597.4620 o en firstname.lastname@example.org. Solicitamos un aviso previo de tres días hábiles para atender su solicitud.
To assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City to accommodate these individuals.
The ringing and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
9:30 – REGULAR MEETING
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
4. Board of Director’s New and Old Business
6. Citizens Advisory Committee Update
7. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Authority on matters that are within the Authority's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE TRANSBAY JOINT POWERS AUTHORITY ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OR THE CHAIR.
8. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the Transbay Joint Powers Authority, and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(8.1) Approving the Minutes of the 7/13/2023 meeting.
(8.2) Authorizing the Executive Director to execute an extension of the alternate rent period contemplated under the first amendment to the lease agreement with Ugochukwu Ihenacho and Carlynn Ihenacho, dba Charleys Philly Steaks, a California corporation, for commercial/retail space on the first floor of the transit center (Suite 139).
(8.3) Authorizing the Executive Director to execute an extension of the alternate rent period contemplated under the fourth amendment to the lease agreement with Transbay Fitness, Inc. for commercial/retail space on the second floor of the transit center (Suites 208 and 212). .
(8.4) Authorizing the Executive Director to execute an extension of the alternate rent period contemplated under the second amendment to the lease agreement with Poke House, Inc., a California corporation, for commercial/retail space on the first floor of the transit center (Suite 127).
(8.5) Authorizing the Executive Director to execute an extension of the alternate rent period contemplated under the second amendments to the lease agreements with Philz Coffee, Inc. for commercial/retail space on the first floor of the transit center (Suites 100 and 143).
(8.6) Authorizing the Executive Director to execute a second amendment to the lease agreement with MR EAST, INC (dba Tycoon Kitchen) for commercial/retail space on the first floor of the transit center (Suite 121), including exercising the extension of the alternate rent period.
(8.7) Authorizing the Executive Director to execute a third amendment to the lease agreement with Onsite Dental, LLC for commercial/retail space on the second floor of the transit center (Suites 216, 218, and 220).
9. Presentation of the updated Downtown Rail Extension Project Scope, Project Schedule, and 20-Year Financial Plan including Capital Cost Estimate and Capital Funding Plan, and authorizing the Executive Director to submit updated documentation to the Federal Transit Administration for entry into the Engineering Phase of the Capital Investment Grants– New Starts process for Phase 2 of the Transbay Program.
10. Authorizing the Executive Director to enter into an Interim Agreement with Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain), for the period of September 1, 2023 through September 30, 2024, in an amount not to exceed $5,018,239, while the parties negotiate a longer term Master Cooperative Agreement and adopt Amendment No. 1 to the FY 23-24 Capital Budget for Phase 2 to reallocate necessary funds, with no change in the total amount of the budget.
11. San Francisco Peninsula Rail Program Executive Steering Committee Update and status of the Downtown Rail Extension/The Portal Workplan schedule.
12. Approving the Governance Blueprint for the Downtown Rail Extension, now also known as The Portal, as recommended by the Executive Steering Committee under the terms of the San Francisco Peninsula Rail Program Memorandum of Understanding with the Metropolitan Transportation Commission, the San Francisco County Transportation Authority, the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain), the California High-Speed Rail Authority, and the City and County of San Francisco Mayor’s Office.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [Campaign and Gov't Conduct Code, Article II, Chapter 1, § 2.100, et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, San Francisco, CA 94102, telephone (415) 252-3100, fax (415) 252-3112 and web site: www.sfethics.org.